Monday, January 18, 2010

Here's To You Dr. King

Today our country celebrated the birthday of one of my all-time favorite human beings, Martin Luther King, Jr.
As a white man only one generation removed from the reality of slavery I celebrated the day and the man in the best way I know.
I enjoyed the parade that goes down Peachtree Street in downtown Atlanta on its way to the historic Ebenezer Baptist Church on Auburn Avenue, took a few photographs of the celebration and then went to Underground Atlanta and hoisted a few hot ones in honor of the man.
Some people celebrate with alcohol, I look for any excuse to eat chicken wings.
Here's to you Dr. King, thanks for working so hard and sacrificing so much to make the world I live in just that much better of a place for everyone.

No comments: